Most people don’t take landscape lighting seriously enough. They assume that a well-lit landscape is all they need. Until a designer advices them, it doesn’t even occur to property owners that outdoor lighting can be creatively used to enhance the beauty of their property.
Fortunately, most property owners have started to realize just how beneficial the right lighting is. At Gene’s Services, many clients have hired us to redesign their landscape lighting system.
Planning and DesignLandscape lighting installation should be planned carefully. Most people don’t realize that light can be used to highlight different areas of their outdoor landscape. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for people to highlight wrong areas of their landscape, which makes it look unflattering. It’s possible to use lights to great effect- for example, if you have a tall, majestic tree in your backyard, you can use lighting creatively to draw attention to it. Here’s how we carry out the installation:
- Assessment – Our designers carefully study the landscape and mark out points of interest. They note areas that they should highlight and areas that they need to disguise. This helps them come up with a proper roadmap.
- Lighting Effects – Our installers are aware of different lighting effects and use them strategically in a landscape. These effects include up-lighting, recessed lighting, down-lighting from structures and hardscapes, grazing, shadowing, cross-lighting, path lighting, spotlighting, washing, and underwater lighting. We use all of these techniques to create a great effect in your landscape.
- The Right Fixtures – Lighting fixtures often have to ensure harsh outdoor conditions. It’s why we use high-quality fixtures during the installation. We don’t want our clients to constantly replace them if they fail regularly. That’s why we choose fixtures that would look good, perform well, save energy, and withstand the elements well.
Where to Install?There are several areas in a landscape that need to be well-lit. We always take note of these areas during the assessment and install good quality lights in these areas.
- Driveways, Walkways and other Pathways
- Trees and Boulders
- Patios, Ponds, and Pools
- Steps and Stairs
- Sidewalks and Parking Spaces
- Entrances and Exits
- Fences, Walls and Edging
- Fountains and Waterfalls
If you want some feature of your home to be highlighted, you can always communicate your opinion to us. We will also keep your special considerations in mind. For example, if you want to save on energy bills, we’ll install energy efficient LED landscaping lighting system on your property.
If you have any questions about our landscape lighting services, you can always get in touch with us at Gene’s Services. Just call us at 979 661 1679 or fill in the contact us form on our website. We’ll be happy to assist you in every way possible.